Vote for Changes to Constitution & Bylaws
The AMA Knoxville Board of Directors has finalized recent changes to the Constitution & Bylaws, which we're presenting to the chapter membership for your approval. Please check out the summary of changes here, then review the full revised version, and cast your vote below!
Summary of Changes
- Changed font to Arial to adhere to brand guidelines.
- Changed Section numbers from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals for clarity. (I to 1, II to 2, etc.)
- Updated organization name to AMA Knoxville.
- Art. II - Purpose, Sec. 1, Purposes: Removed space between 501 and (c).
- Art. IV - Membership, Sec. 4: Broadened non-discrimination clause to include non-discrimination against color, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation and military status.
- Art. V - Annual Election, Sec. 3, Nominations by Chapter Membership: Changed number of petition signers from "2% or 10 (whichever is greater)" to only "2%."
- Art. VII - Financial Policies, Sec. 1: Removed space between 501 and (c).
- Art. VII - Financial Policies, Sec. 3: Changed Financial Standing Committee's role in deciding use of reserve fund to "advice" instead of "approval."
- Art. I - Chapter Focus, Sec 1: Updated to "marketing student(s)" (plural) to reflect that we now usually award more than one scholarship.
- Art. IV - Nomination and Election Procedures, Sec. 2: Updated clause to show procedure and deadlines based on American Marketing Association requirements.
- Must send proposed slate to members by Jan. 15.
- Process for nominations by members.
- Changed number of petition signers from "2% or 10 (whichever is greater)" to only "2%."
- Election ballots must be distributed to members by Feb. 1.
- Candidates must run individually, not as a slate, with write-in options for each position.
- Election must be completed by Mar. 1.
- Art. VII - Administration, Sec. 2: Added "Luncheons" to meetings that are open to members with a minimum of six per year.
- Website Policy: Changed "KAMA" to "Chapter" and updated website address.
- Added line to indicate date that bylaws were approved by the Board of Directors.