WHO WE ARE
Knoxville, Tennessee, is home to creative and innovative marketing powerhouses. Through American Marketing Association Knoxville, we connect* with professionals who represent corporations. These businesses include local startups, legendary brands and everything between. As a diverse mix of industries and marketing functions, we at AMA Knoxville want you to be a part of our growing community!
Since our formation as the AMA Knoxville Interest Group in 1988 and officially joining the AMA chapter network on 21 January 1989, AMA Knoxville has been fortunate to have a wealth of talented individuals to help deliver value to our members and guests by serving in a leadership role or by providing professional development or educational programming. In addition, AMA Knoxville has honored many outstanding practitioners and students while also receiving kudos of our own.
AMA Knoxville brings together marketing minds, across Knoxville and surrounding areas, through valuable professional development events, networking opportunities and monthly luncheons. The opportunity to meet and mingle with some of Knoxville’s brightest just might spark your next big idea, or yield an introduction to a valued connection.
Please join us for an upcoming event and learn more about the new opportunities and connections that are waiting for you.
AMA Knoxville proudly supports and is part of the national American Marketing Association, among the world’s largest and most prestigious associations of professional marketers. AMA is the worldwide professional association for individuals and organizations involved in the practice, teaching and study of marketing.
Learn more about the National AMA and how it can increase your value in today’s workplace. And, join us on the local level. At AMA Knoxville, we love to share ideas.
*When we say “connect,” we mean business. AMA Knoxville connections are about networking, mentorship, relationships. Yes, there will be professional matchmaking. As in, connecting your needs with the appropriate person/people.
Notable AMA Knoxville Events and Speakers
- Rebranding UT with Margie Nichols, and the new AMA Knoxville Brand - April 2017
- Historic TN Theatre with Becky Hancock and Lila Honaker - March 2017
- Knoxville Ice Bears with Dave Feather - February 2017
- Patricia Nash Designs - January 2017
- Rocky Top Institute - November 2016
- Knoxville Film Festival with Tom Cervone and Keith McDaniel - August 2016
- Rebranding Zoo Knoxville - June 2016
- Regal Entertainment CMO Ken Thewes - May 2016
- Marketing Knoxville with Visit Knoxville's Kim Bumpas and Knoxville Chamber's Doug Lawyer - April 2016
- Building your Inbound Marketing Strategy with Chad Elmore of Pyxl - February 2016
- UT Nike Launch with Jimmy Delaney - August 2015
- Tennessee Uncharged: Entertainment as Advertising with Erick Baker, Joseph Nother and Taylor Walters - March 2015
- Joe Thompson with Knoxville Medal of Honor Committee - October 2014
- Sugarlands Distilling Company with Brent Thompson - June 2014
- TN Tourism with Susan Whitaker of TN Dept. of Tourism Development - May 2014
- Jewelry Television with Pat Bryant - October 2013
- HGTV and DIY Network with Denise Conroy-Galley - May 2013
- Cruze Farms with Colleen Cruze - March 2013
- Ted Wampler of Wampler's Farm Sausage - January 2013
- Randy Boyd of Radio Systems Inc. - March 2012
- Bush Brothers with Scott Daniel - April 2012
UTAMA, a local chapter of National AMA, creates a smooth transition for college students into professional life by creating relationships with marketing professionals in a fun and entertaining environment.
UTAMA is an organization for young marketing professionals at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville to be connected with local businesses, share common interests, and provide opportunities for leadership, scholarships, and internships. UTAMA, a local chapter of National AMA, creates a smooth transition for college students into professional life by creating relationships with marketing professionals in a fun and entertaining environment.