The August 12 luncheon featuring Jimmy Delaney, UTK Assistant Athletic Director, Sales & Marketing, was the chapter’s first ever sellout luncheon! Ninety-four professionals attended the event, sponsored by HoundDogs.
Delaney discussed the marketing strategy behind the recent, very successful July 1 launch of the new Nike-UTAD merchandise. He took the attendees through the 17-month process of developing the brand with Nike in the lead-up to the launch.
Highlights from the luncheon include:
- #OneOf119 social media campaign added 10K followers
- July 1 launch concept was developed on a plane ride
- The entire UT sports website was rebranded in the middle of the live launch on July 1st.
- YouTube was used to broadcast the Nike launch. Noon was chosen as a good time for several reasons, including reaching multiple time zones in the US and hitting the sweet spot of lunchbreaks for many UT fans on the East Coast.
- Broadcast launch viewership was comparable to a national signing day.
- Launch garnered 55K online views and broke sales records for both the online and Gate 20 store.
- Delaney confirmed what we all know: Coach Jones is the coolest coach in the SEC!
This was the highest attended KAMA luncheon in recent history, and only the first luncheon of the chapter’s new year, which runs July-June. Other exciting luncheon topics are coming your way, so keep an eye on your inbox (or sign up for our mailing list), and be sure to follow KAMA on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, if you haven’t already.
The next luncheon will be on Wednesday, September 9 and will feature Communications Coach Ellen Kern.